Traffic tips for attending IU Bloomington Commencement
Traffic tips will be added closer to Commencement.
Commencement traffic patterns
- Heavy traffic congestion is expected. PLEASE ARRIVE EARLY.
- Graduating undergraduate students should arrive at Mellencamp Pavilion by 7:30 a.m.; families and friends should arrive at Memorial Stadium when stadium gates are scheduled to open at 8 a.m.
- Graduating graduate students should arrive at Wilkinson Hall, 1001 E. 17th Street, by 1:00 p.m. and should enter via gates 12 and 14. Families and friends should arrive at Simon Skjodt Assembly Hall when doors are scheduled to open at 1 p.m. Guests should enter through gates 2, 4, and 6.
- The Orange Lot through Gate 4 will be reserved for drop-off and ADA Parking only.
- One-way traffic patterns will go into effect a minimum of 2 hours prior to event.
- 17th Street will be one-way east from N. College Avenue to Fee Lane (two lanes).
- Northbound traffic on Dunn Street will not be allowed to turn left/west onto the SR 45/46 Bypass.
- Please be aware that large bags, umbrellas, and signs are not permitted into the Commencement venues.
- Standard security measures, including the use of metal detectors,will be in place when entering the Commencement venue.